013. Technological progress in the past century has its negative effect, despite its remarkable contribution. To what extent do you agree or disagree and what can be done to reduce the negative effect? 4
014. Nowadays, distance-learning programs are such common thing for us (the study material by post, by internet), but some people argue that courses can never be taken as good as those by attending a college or university in person. To what extent do you agree or disagree? 5
015. Mobile phones have made life easier: You can answer your phone at any place or any time. Dose this development has more positive or negative effects on both individuals and society? Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
016. People can perform everyday tasks, such as shopping and banking as well as business transactions, without meeting other people face-to-face. What are the effects on an individual and the society as a whole?
017. Only employees (but not employers) can benefit from working at home. Do you agree or disagree? 2
018. Some people support the developments in agriculture such as factory farming and creations of new types of fruits and vegetables, while others oppose this view. Discuss both views and give your opinion. 2
019. Maintaining public libraries is a waste of money since the computer can now perform their functions. To what extent do you agree or disagree? 2