1. “The media plays a valuable role in keeping us informed and entertained. However, many people believe it has too much power and freedom.” Discuss your views on this, giving examples and presenting a balanced argument both in favor of, and against, the power and freedom of the media.
2. More and more employees work at home with modern technology. Some people claim that it benefits only workers, but not employers. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3. In many countries，the proportion of older people is steadily increasing. Does this trend make positive or negative effects to society?
或 Some people believe that in order to give opportunities to new generation companies should encourage high level employees who are older than 55 to retire. Do you agree or disagree? Give your reasons and personal experience.
4. Since cities have changed a lot, the size of the cities has grown enormously. Discuss the causes and consequence of the enormous size of cities.
5. Environmental problems are too big for individual countries and individual people to address. We have reached the stage where the only way to protect the environment is at an international level. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? 或Damage to environment is an inevitable consequence of the improvement in the standard of living. To what degree do you agree or disagree to this position?
6. Sports are very popular in today's society. Some people believe, "Winning is the only thing." Others believe, “It’s not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game."What is your opinion?
7. A balanced diet, or eating balanced meals, is the key to a healthy life. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer.
8. More and more women go out to work. Is it the government’s responsibility to subsidize them and provide free staff and facilities to care for their children? To what extent do you agree or disagree to this idea?
9. Some people say the popularity of English and tourism will harm the minorities and minor languages, To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion. /Globalization will inevitablely lead to the loss of a variety of languages and cultures.Give reasons and solutions.
10.In many countries traditional foods are being replaced by international fast foods. Some people think that there are negative effects on both family and the society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
11. Young people are important resources to their country, but governments may ignore some problems faced by young people in running the country. Please show those problems and give your ideal suggestions to solve them.
12. In the past people thought that education was only for young people. Now it is believed that education is for a person's whole life. Do you agree? State with you own experience and specific details.
13. There is more and more violence in movies and on TV,therefore it is necessary for the govern to control the amount of it to decrease the violent crimes in the society.Do you agree or disagree? /Sending criminals to the prison is not the best method of dealing with them. Education and job training are better ways to help them. Do you agree or disagree?