1. The shortage in housing has severe social consequences in big cities. Only governments can solve this problem. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. It is generally believed that rising standards of living in a country can cause problems in both cities and rural areas. What problems are involved? How to overcome these problems?
3. Children learn a language much faster than adults. Some people consider that it is better for the children begin learning a foreign language once they start their primary education. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
4. Some people think the trend towards smaller family units and household is a positive development. However, others think it is negative. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
5. Nowadays sending children to boarding school is becoming increasingly popular. What is the reason? Do you think it is a positive development?
6. Some people believe that a country benefits greatly with a high percentage of young people who go to university, while others argue that it only leads to graduate unemployment. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
7. Some people believe that the government should provide care and financial support for people after they retire. Other said that people should help themselves. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
8. Some people think history has nothing or little to tell us, but others think that studying the past history can help us better understand the present. Discuss both of the two views and give your own opinion.