1. Some people argue that teaching children of different abilities together benefits all of them. Others believe that intelligent children should be taught separately and given special treatment. Discuss both views .
2. Sending criminals to the prison is not the best method of dealing with them. Education and job training are better ways to help them. Do you agree or disagree?
3. In many countries，the proportion of older people is steadily increasing. Does this trend make positive or negative effects to society
4. Some people say that giving aid to poor countries has more negative effects than positive effects. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5. Higher education can be funded by several ways such as the following:
· All costs paid by the government;
· All costs paid by the government loan which students have to pay back after graduation.
Please discuss both the advantages and disadvantages of all these three theories above and decide which the best is.
6. Some people think that children should obey rules and do every thing as their parents and teachers say. Others believe that children who are controlled too much may be not well-prepared for their adult life. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
7. Some people think that by paying taxes they have made enough contribution to their society, others think there are more responsibilities than paying taxes. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
8. Some countries introduce a law to limit working hours for employees. why is this kind of law introduced? Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
9. A study shows lots of children, from the ages of 7-11, spend too much time watching television or playing video games. How do you think this problem influence the children, their families and the society? What measures should be taken to solve it?
10. When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
11. Some people think that good health is important to everyone, so medical services should not be run by profit-making companies. Do the disadvantages of private health care outweigh the advantages?
12. Several languages are dying out every year. Some people do not think it is important and say that our life will be simpler with fewer languages. To what extent do you agree or disagree?