1) Some people argue that teaching children of different abilities together benefits all of them. Others believe that intelligent children should be taught separately and given special treatment. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
2) Some people think teachers have a greater influence than parents in the development of a child’s intelligence and social skills. Do you agree or disagree?
3) Children who are brought up in families which don't have large amounts of money are better prepared to deal with the problem of adult life than children brought up in wealthier families. Do you agree or disagree?
4) It is generally acknowledged that families are now not as close as they used to be. What are the possible reasons for this and what can be done to reverse the trend?
5) Some people think the best way to reduce crime is to give longer prison sentence. Others, however, think there are better alternative ways to reduce crime. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
6) Some countries introduce a law to limit working hours for employees. Why is this kind of law introduced? Do you think it is a positive or negative development?
7) An increasing number of developing countries are expanding their tourist industry. Why do you think it is the case? And do you think it is positive?
8) Many countries aim to improve living standard by economic development, but some important social values are lost as a result. Do you think the advantages of economic development outweigh the disadvantages?
9) Some people think that by paying taxes they have made enough contribution to their society, others think there are more responsibilities than paying taxes. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
10) Differences between countries are becoming less evident nowadays. People tend to have the same films, music, brands, TV channels, etc. To what extent do you think the disadvantages outweigh the advantages?
11. Food can be produced cheaper if we use improved fertilizers and better machinery. However some of methods may be dangerous for human health, and have negative effects for local communities. What is your opinion?
12. Some people say that giving aid to poor countries has more negative effects than positive effects. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
13. Modern buildings have changed the appearance of cities and towns. Some people argue we should build all buildings in traditional styles to protect the cultural identity，to what extent do you agree or disagree?