1. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important for the government to provide money for things that are beautiful than things that are practical.
2. Government funding should only provide scholarships for the best students. All other funding of universities should come from student fees and private organizations. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
3. Some people think government should ban dangerous sports and some others think it is a freedom to choose the activities we want to. Discuss both view and give your opinion.
4. Public museums and art galleries are not needed because people could see historical objects and works by using computers. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
5. Some people believe that the best way to build a happier society is to ensure that there are only small differences between the richest and the poorest members. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
6. It is important for all towns and cities to have large public spaces, such as squares and parks. Is this a positive or negative development?
7. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The rules that the whole societies today expect young people to follow and obey are too strict.
8. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is a waste of money for government to spend money on space travel or space exploration.
9. In order to attract more tourists, the government could either improve safety by hiring more police or improve its appearance by repairing old buildings and streets. Which way do you think is more effective?
10. In your opinion, if a government is facing economic problems, which of the following areas should it spend less money on?
B. public transportation
11. The international community must act immediately to ensure that all countries reduce their consumption of fossil fuels, such as gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
12. Some people think that governments should do more to make their citizens eat a healthy diet. Others believe that individuals must take responsibility for their own diet and health. Discuss both of these views and give your own opinion.
13. In developing countries, some people think governments should introduce new technology for people in order to improve quality of life, while others believe governments should offer free education. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
14. Towns and cities are attractive places. Some people suggest that the government should spend money putting in more works of art like paintings and statues to make them better to live in. To What extent do you agree or disagree?
15. Governments are encouraging industries and businesses to move from large cities to regional areas. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?