1. As major cities around the world are growing fast and many problems occur. What are the problems that young people live in cities are caused by continued growth？ What solutions do you suggest？
2. Some say the purpose of education is to prepare individuals to be useful to society. Others say the purpose of education is to achieve personal ambitions. Discuss both view and give your own opinion.
3. Some people believe that the development of a country benefits from the high-educated university students， while others think that large amount of young graduates only leads to high unemployment. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
4. In the past， people store knowledge in books， while now they store on the internet. Do advantages outweigh disadvantages？
5. Art classes like painting and drawing is important to students’ development and it should be compulsory in high school. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
6. People think that planting trees in the open spaces in towns and cities is more important than building houses in these areas. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
7. Some people say that travelling abroad is necessary to get knowledge about other countries， while others suggest that TV and the internet can also help people know about foreign countries. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
8. Some people think that government should decide what the subject students could study at university. Other people believe that students can apply for the subject they prefer. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
9. It is the responsibility of schools to teach children good behaviour in addition to provide formal education. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
10. The increase in the production of consumer goods results in damage to the natural environment. What are the causes of this？ What can be done to solve this problem？
11. In new towns plan， public parks and sports facilities are more important than shopping centers. Do you agree or disagree？
12. Multi-cultural society， where people of different ethnic groups live together， can bring more benefits than drawbacks to country. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
13. Some people believe that everyone should pay for their own healthcare in society instead of relying on the government. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
14. Human activities have negative effects on plant and animal species. Some people think it is too late to do anything about this problem. Others believe that effective measures can be taken to improve this situation. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
15. Some people think parents should read and tell stories to children， while others believe they should search for information on their own via Internet or TV. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
16. In some countries， the role of a mother differs in some ways from that of a father. Why do you think these differences exist？ How might parental roles develop in the future？
17. Nowadays， most people learn academic study in university， but others think we should encourage to learn vocational skills more. Do you agree or disagree？
18. The government should spend money in promoting sport and art in school， rather sponsoring professional sports and art events in communities. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
19. School leavers go travelling or working before they go directly to university. Is this a positive or negative development？
20. The natural resources such as oil， forests and fresh water are being consumed at an alarming rate. What problems does it cause？ How can we solve these problems？
21. Some people say governments should give priority to health care， while others believe that taxpayers’ money should be spent on other important priorities. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
22. In some countries， people believe that international tourism is a bad thing for their country. What are the reasons for this？ How to change their negative attitude？
23. Nowadays， older people who need employment have to compete with younger people. What problems do this cause？ And what are the solutions？
24. Some people think that the amount of noise people make have to be controlled strictly. Others say that people are free to make as much noise as they wish. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
25. The leaders or directors of organizations are often older people， but some people say that young people can also be a leader. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
1. Some people think the main benefit of international cooperation is in the protection of the environment， while others think that the main benefits are in the world business. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
2. People still value artists in the age of advanced science and technology. Why do you think this is？ Are arts as important as science and technology？
3. In many countries， now women are allowed to join armed force as an equal basis as men. Some people think that only men can be allowed to join the army， navy and air force. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
4. Some people think that children with different abilities should be taught together while some think that intelligent children should be given special training or taught separately. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
5. Too much money is spent in maintaining and repairing old buildings. Some people think that they should be knocked down and give way to the modern buildings. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
6. More attention is paid to being ＂responsible tourists＂ in order to preserve the cultural and environmental aspects of tourist places. However， some people think it is impossible to be a ＂responsible tourist＂ in the society. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
7. Some people think parents should read or tell stories to children. Others think they can read books and watch TV by themselves. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
8. In many countries， people decide to have children at a later age of life than the past. Why do you think this is？ Do advantages of this development outweigh disadvantages？
9. For school children， their teachers have more influence on their intelligence and social development than their parents. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
10. Some people believe that development of technology is making life more complicated， and we should return to simpler life without using technology. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
11. In many countries， there are more people choose to live by themselves than before. What are the reasons of this situation？ Is it positive or negative development of society？
12. Some people think charity organizations should help people in great need， wherever they live. However， others think that they should concentrate on helping people in their own countries. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
13. Children and students are taught to push themselves to try and be better than other students rather than work together for everyone＇s benefits. Do you think the disadvantages of training to be competitive outweigh the advantages？
14. In some countries around the world men and women are having children late in life. What are the reasons for this development？ What are the effects on society and family life？
15. We can get knowledge from news， but some people even think we should not trust the journalists. What do you think？ And what do you think are the important qualities that a journalist should have？
Children today find it difficult to concentrate or pay attention to classes in schools. What are the reasons？ What can be done to solve this problem？
2. Some people believe that the best city is a “vertical” city where people work and study in tall buildings. Others believe a “horizontal” city is better where there are fewer tall buildings. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
3. Some people think they have the right to use as much fresh water as they want. However， others believe fresh water should be tightly controlled by the government as it is a limited resources. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
4. Some people want the government to spend money on looking for other life on other planets， but others think it is a waste of public money because there are many unsolved problems on the Earth. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
5. Some people think individuals are more and more dependent on each other， while others believe that individuals are more and more independent of each other.
6. In some countries， women are allowed to take one month maternity leave. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this policy？
7. Interviews form the basic selecting procedure for most large companies. However， some people think interviews is not a reliable means of choosing who to employ and there are some other better methods of selection. To what extent do you agree or disagree？