The chart below shows the value of one country＇s exports in various categories
during 2015 and 2016. The table shows the percentage change in each category of
exports in 2016 compared with 2015.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features， and make
comparisons where relevant.
The maps below show the centre of a small town called Islip as it is now，
and plans for its development.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features，
and make comparisons where relevant.
1. Many businesses think that the new employees who graduate from schools lack
basic interpersonal skills， such as working with colleagues as a team. What are the
causes and solutions to this problems？
2. An increasing number of people are changing careers during their working life.
What do you think are the reasons of this？ Is it a positive or a negative development？
3. Some people argue that job satisfaction is more important than job security， while
others believe a permanent job is more important. Discuss both views and give your
4. It is a good thing for people in senior management positions to get a higher salary
than other workers in the same company. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
5. In many countries， women are allowed to take maternity leave from their jobs
during the first month after the birth of their baby. Do you advantages outweigh the
6. Some people believe young people are not suitable for important positions in the
government， while other people think it is a good idea for young people to take on
these positions. Discuss both these views and give your opinion.
7. Some groups of people benefit much from modern communication technologies，
but others think they are not beneficial. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
8. Some people think that technology makes life complex， and therefore we should
make our life simpler without using technology. To what extent do you agree or
9. Some scientists believe intelligent life forms may exist in other planets and some
want to send messages to the space to contact with these life forms， but other
scientists believe it is a bad idea and could be dangerous. Discuss both ideas and give
your own opinion.
10. The range and quality of food has been improved with the development of
technology and scientific advance. Some people think it is good and others think it is
harmful. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
11. In the past， knowledge was stored in books， but now it is stored on the Internet.
Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages？
12. In some countries， the widespread use of the Internet has given people more
freedom to work or study at home instead of trvlling to work or college. Do the
advantages outweigh the disadvantages？
13. Many people today prefer socialising online to spend time with friends in the
local community. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages？
14. Young people who commit serious crimes， such as a robbery or a violent attack
should be punished in the same way as adults. To what extent do you agree or
15. A recent newspaper article reports that a 14-year-old boy who seriously
destroyed his school got a punishment to clean streets instead of being sent to the
prison. Do you think this is right， or the young criminals should be sent to the jail？
16. Some people who have been in prison become good citizens later， and it is often
argued that these are the best people to talk to teenagers about the dangers of
committing a crime. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
17. In many countries， prison is the most common solution to the problem of crime.
However， another effective way is to provide people with better education so that
they cannot become criminals. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
18. In some countries， the criminal trials are shown on the TV and the general public
can watch them. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages？
19. Detailed descriptions of crimes on newspaper and TV can have bad consequences
on the society， so this kind of information should be restricted in the media. To what
extent do you agree or disagree？
20. The government should control the amount of violence in films and on television
in order to decrease the level of violent crime in society. To what extent do you agree