1.Many parents use punishment to teach the difference between right and wrong to their children. Many think punishment is necessary to help children learn the distinction. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What kind of punishment do you think parents and teachers can use?
2. Some people think immigrants should accept the new culture as their own. Others believe that they should keep their own culture. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
3.People can go to shop, bank, and work with computer. But the danger is that people are getting isolated and losing some social skills. To what extent do you agree with this opinion?
4.Some people say that the best measurement of a country’s success is the quality of life people enjoy. Others argue that a prosperous economy is the key factor in a country’s success. Which opinion do you prefer?
5.Architects should worry about designing building as works of art. Do you agree or disagree?
6. Some people believe that in order to improve the public health the number of sports facilities should be increased. Others believe this it has little effect and other measures are needed to improve the public health. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
7. Some people think students can benefit from private secondary schools. Others believe they have negative effects on the society as a whole. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
8.There are more and more cars in the cities. Pedestrians and cyclists are endangered by the traffic. What’s more, gardens and parks give way to railways and superhighways. What is your opinion? How do city planners satisfy all people’s needs?
9. Some people believe that some unpaid community serivice should be a compulsory part of high school programme. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
10.Children who are brought up in families which do not have a great amount of money are better prepared to deal with the problems of adult life than children who are brought up by wealthy parents. Do you agree or disagree?
11. It is said that today people's lives are becoming increasingly stressful. What are the reasons of stress and how to solve the problem?
12.Some people think that intelligent children should be taught separately and given special treatment. Others think that students of different abilities should be taught together. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
13.Telling truth all the time is not essential. On some occasions you have to tell lies. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
14.Modern games are better for developing a wide range of skills for children than traditional games. Do you agree or disagree?
15.Rote learning is widely used in many education systems. Do the advantages outweigh its disadvantages?
16. Most countries spend a large amount of money on weapons to defend themselves, even though they are not at war. Those countries should spend that money to help their citizens who are poor and disadvantaged. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
17. Since cities have changed a lot, the size of the cities has grown enormously. Discuss the causes and consequences of the enormous size of cities.
18. It is better for older people to live in the nursing home than stay with their children at home. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
19. Some people think that the earlier technology has changed our life more than the recent technology. Do you agree or disagree?
20. Some people believe the range of technology available to individuals today is increasing the gap between poor people and rich people. Others think it is having an opposite effect. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
21. Creative artists should always be given the freedom to express their own ideas (in words, pictures, music or film) in whichever way they wish. There should be no government restrictions on what they do. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
22. Some people think that it is a moral obligation for developed countries to provide international aid to developing countries, while others worry that the aid might possibly be misused by the government of the poor countries and could not actually help the poor people to improve their living standard. What is your opinion?
23.Some criminals continue to commit crimes after being released from prison. What are the causes? Give some solutions.
24.A newspaper article reports that a boy who seriously damaged his school was made to clean the streets as a punishment. Do you think that young offenders should be sent to jail or should be punished in this way?
25.Some people think it is more important to spend public money on promoting healthy lifestyles in order to prevent illnesses than to spend it on the treatment for people who are already ill. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
26. Some people think that the best way to improve road safety is to give road offences stricter punishment. Do you agree or disagree?
27. Motorised flight is the greatest invention in the modern world. No other invention has had a more significant impact on ou lives. Do you agree or disagree?
28. Some people believe that in order to give opportunities to the new generation, companies should encourage high level employees who are older than 55 to retire. Do you agree or disagree?
29.Differences between countries are becoming less evident nowadays. People tend to have the same films, music, brands, TV channels, etc. To what extent do you think the disadvantages outweigh the advantages?
30.Some people think that cultural traditions may be destroyed when they are used as money-making attractions aimed at tourists. Others believe that it is the only way to help traditions to remain in the world. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
31. There is a shortage of water resources everywhere. Analyze the reasons and give some solutions.
32.Some people think smoking should be made illegal in the same way as other drugs. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
33. Some people prefer to provide help or support directly to the local community. Others prefer to give money to national or international charitable organizations. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
34.Many scientists believe that now we can study the behavior of a three-year-old child to see whether they will grow up to be criminals. To what extent do you think the human nature produces crimes? And how can we prevent children from growing up to be criminals?
35.Some people say the age of books is past, and the information will be presented by some multimedia such as video, computer and television; others think the book and the written words will be necessary for spreading information and complete education. Discuss both views and give your opinion.