1. Children can learn effectively through watching TV. Therefore children should be encouraged to watch TV regularly both at home and at school. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
2. Art classes， like painting and drawing are as important as other subjects， so they should be compulsory subject in high school. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
3. Nowadays a large amount of advertising is aimed at children. Some people think this can have negative effects on children and should be banned. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
4. Some people say governments should give priority to health care， while others believe that taxpayers’ money should be spent on other important priorities. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
5. In many countries， more and more men are staying at home to look after their children when women work full-time. What are the reasons？ Is it a positive or negative development？
6. Anyone can answer the work call and home call at any place， or 7 days a week. Do you think it is more negative or positive on both individuals and society？
7. In many countries women are allowed to take maternity leave from their jobs during the first month after the birth of their baby. Do advantages outweigh disadvantages？
8. Many people believe that social networking sites （Facebook） have had a negative impact on individuals and society. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement？
9. Young people are leaving their homes from rural areas to study or work in the cities. What are the reasons？ Do the advantages of this development outweigh its disadvantages？
10. Some people believe that newspaper is the best way to learn about news， while others believe that more effective way is through other media. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
11. The restoration of old buildings in major cities in the world spends numerous government expenditures. This money should be used in new housing and road development. To what extent do you agree or disagree？
12. Some people believe that schools should choose their students according to their abilities， while other people think students with different abilities should learn together. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
13. Some people think we should choose job that could bring us a sense of satisfaction， while others believe that we should choose the stable jobs. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
14. Today many children spend a lot of time playing computer games and little time on sports. Why is it？ Is it a positive or negative development？
15. An increasing number of people choosing to cosmetic surgery. Why people have operations to change the way they look？ Do you think this is positive or negative development？
2、小作文不需要太多思考。万事开头难，写作的开头段更是浪费时间，因为很难找到一个合适的内容下笔。小作文的开头是固定的，只要之前有过练习，开头及中间段落其实基本形式固定，不会太多时间去思考。相比之下，大作文的开头就难说了，很有可能浪费的时间远比我们想象的要长。无论是什么内容，小作文都可以直接用the graph shows作为开头，而大作文的开头就要大家好好思考一下了。